On Thursday 19 July 2007, Flaherty, Patrick wrote:
> > Charlie volunteered to do a future presentation on digitizing
> phonograph recordings
>
> Is this via IRENE (or IRENE like) software?

I haven't heard of IRENE, I'll have to look into it.

I've been recording to .wav with 'rec', and using Audacity to amplify,
remove surface noise, scratches and pops.  It generally provides me
with listenable recordings and I'm pleased enough with the results.  If
I have to spend much more time than that, I'll just buy a commercial
cd.

I do have some irreplaceable music that I'll revisit when I'm a little
more skilled.

--charlie