On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 14:12 -0400, Flaherty, Patrick wrote:
> >   What about multimaster replication?
>
> Multi Master made me feel a bit icky. Auto-increment offsets the same
> logshipping stuff others have had problems with.

A MySQL slave has a single master.  A master can have multiple slaves.
Your set of connections forms either a tree or a loop, possibly with
branches.

I've written a "collector" process to short circuit the loop for pushing
a replication stream through a bunch of servers.  The goal was off-site
backup and centralized reporting.  I can't imagine using it for
high-availability fail over.

> There are also other
> "implementations" of mmr, but they are just sets of scripts that mimic
> heartbeat. In the end, it's the same as normal master/slave replication,
> but now with the additional moving pieces.
>
> Patrick

Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp
DLSLUG/GNHLUG library