I used Broadvoice for about a year. They were great. We used their
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) service and you can use an asterisk box
for that (I used a small little box HT-486).

It's good to use to try out since it was only $11/month after taxes
for about 60minutes outgoing and unlimited incoming calls a month.

We dropped them because we just never used it. After 3 rings it would
ring my cell and my wife and I just always used our cellphones.

On Dec 6, 2007 6:57 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okay, folks... once again, it's time for one of those "tell me your
> favorite..." questions!
>
> I'm shopping for a new VoIP <--> PSTN service provider (so I can place
> and receive telephone calls over the Internet).
>
> Does anyone have experience with good providers?  Any providers
> (besides NuFone) I should steer clear of?
>
> Note: Providers which charge monthly fees go at the bottom of my list.
> I just don't talk that much. :) If I had a choice of paying a monthly
> fee for good-quality VoIP service or getting shoddy service with no
> monthly fee, nine times out of ten I'd take the latter.
>
> So, suggestions, anyone?

Travis Roy