On Dec 30, 2007 2:24 PM, Dan Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  You will also need to edit the ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 files to actually
> say DEVICE=eth0 and DEVICE=eth1 respectively.

  D'oh!  You're right.  I always forget that.

> Since udev is on by default (at least in FC8), you will need to edit
> /etc/udev/...

  Not if if you're swapping the IP configurations, as described above.
 In that case, the device names should stay the same.  Alternatively,
you can swap the device names, and keep the IP configuration
untouched.  Swapping both will end up doing nothing.

>  You may also find /etc/modules.conf needs editing.

  Only if changing device names, and not the assigned IP configurations.

>  I do a grep -r eth0 /etc/* to find all the relevant places when I need to
> do this sort of thing.

  That's a good idea.

-- Ben