On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:52:21PM -0500, Michael ODonnell wrote:
> <shotInTheDark>
>
> Depending on your versions of kernel and app, iostat
> apparently looks in some combination of these:
>
>    /etc/sysstat/sysstat.ioconf

No file called sysstat.ioconf anywhere on my system.

>    /proc/diskstats

This contains useful info, all of the devices I expect are
represented.  This seems to be the problem, the documentation for
/proc/diskstats indicates these are all 32 bit unsigned numbers in
2.6, so they can and do wrap. *grumble*

Still not sure why iostat isn't finding all of the devices with -x,
it finds everything if I run it with -d, which provides most but not
all of the data I'm interested in.  *shrug*

Thanks,

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-