On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 07:01:56AM -0400, Jim Kuzdrall wrote:

.. A lot of stuff that was very spot on..

>     Linux provides a business advantage which does not require knowledge
> of its innards.

But Most Especially This:

>     I deal with a lot of non-computer professionals who would be happier
> using Linux than their present OS and software selection - if Linux was
> setup and maintained for them.

Where do we send people for that warm fuzzy feeling they get from
knowing that their system will always work or will be fixed  asap if it
doesn't?

Do we have a pool of Linux support vendors that we as GNHLUG can
informally recommend? Having such a pool would be a benefit to COSIG's
ability to assist people in the transition to Linux and I believe there
is currently a gap in this area. (or at least in my awareness in this
area.)

>     Time to get back to explaining to NASA why the stronger
> temperature-entropy tensor coefficient makes thermal diffusivity, not
> elastic-wave propagation velocity, the critical factor in laser removal
> of sub-micron particles from the mirrors of the James Webb Space
> Telescope.

C'mon, Jim. Everyone knows that. (yup, sure, I do... ;-) )

Jeff Kinz