I have a 3G 8GB iPhone and it's been great.... but I pretty much only use it
as a personal phone.  I do have an exchange email account setup for work,
but I have most of the features disabled because if you sync an exchange
calendar, it disables syncing with your own personal calendars and I don't
want to sync all the contacts because it sucks down all of the contacts on
your Global Address List and that's just crazy.

Overall, I would say it's a great consumer smart phone and it does have some
enterprise level features, but I think it's still got a long way to go to
unseat Blackberry as the enterprise champion.  If I had been planning on
using my phone more for work purposes, I probably would have gone with a
Blackberry.

As far as AT&T coverage, I've been very happy with the reception.  Driving
around NH, I've gotten very good signals pretty much everywhere I've gone
(though I haven't been out in the boonies much).  I only get 3G coverage
when I go to work (in Lowell, MA) and there is absolutely no 3G coverage
anywhere in NH yet.

Their EDGE network is pretty good as far as reliability for me so far, but
it is pretty slow.  However, being able to get internet access pretty much
anywhere I have a signal trumps the fact that it's slow.

The applications store is just plain awesome.  There is a ton of good free
content available and managing it is pretty simple.

So, I'm very happy with it, but as for your needs, it depends a lot on what
you're going to try to use it for.

- Chris