On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:40:50PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> But I always go one step at a time.  Most recently I took one
> machine from F7 -> 8 -> 9.   Unfortunately I suspect I'll have
> a hard time bringing my FC3 system up to date that way. ;)

Maybe less trouble than you think, the machine I'm sitting at right now
was yum upgraded from fc2->3>4>5>6>7>8 not all that long ago, with little
trouble.  The yumupgradefaq saved me finding the pitfalls myself.  :)

I borked it pretty hard trying to yum upgrade from fc8->9 yesterday;
some of the packages on a fully up-to-date fc8 system have higher
version numbers than the same packages in the fc9 repositories, which
made things interesting.  At least it is back up and running multi-user
now, I just need to figure out what is causing gdm to crash.  I'm sure
there are some "old" libraries hanging around causing the issue.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-