On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Drew Van Zandt<drew.vanza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It *is* really easy.  No idea what multiple people using it has to do with
> anything, as I forward only one UDP port through my router and have many
> people connected to my VPN.  Even the initial config is easy enough for
> nontechnical friends to handle, now that I've written up simple directions.
> Once it's set up, they don't have to do *anything*, every time they boot
> they're on the VPN and have samba shares mapped on their Windows boxes.  On
> rare occasion they might have to retype their share passwords.

  I had tried it initially, and in my case, had two systems which
where behind a NAT, VPNing into the system which was behind a
firewall, and bad things happened.  The UDP packets are mapped by
to<=>from IP, and when multiple people are using it with the same one,
it got all sorts of confused.

  Of course, that was three years ago.  Perhaps they fixed the issue
since then.  *shrug*  I like using it over TCP personally.

--
-- Thomas