On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Kenny Lussier<kluss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Facebook already does everything that you want. You could just use the FB
> platform which is already
> OSS: http://developers.facebook.com/opensource.php

  How much of the Facebook "experience" does Facebook actually
release?  Obviously they don't release the data, but I wouldn't expect
them to release everything you need to create an "empty copy" of
Facebook, either.  I tried Googling[1] but all I find are people
arguing about the license and zero-content blog posts.  <insert rant
about useless blogs>  It certainly looks like it might be a useful
thing anyway, but I'm not sure it will help Paul if it's just an
engine without a UI.

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Facebook+Open+Platform%22

-- Ben