Lori Nagel writes:

> It took me half a year just to figure out how to add the math
> library into the compiler so I could compile some basic C programs
> from one of the C programing books I have.

Sorry, I must politely disagree that a situation like this relates in
any way to any of the negative aspects of that document.  I have
little insight into your stuggles with this particular problem (I
wasn't there watching you struggle -- I don't know you) but I would
point out that when you posted a query about this very topic on this
mailing list your question was "smart" enough to generate several
helpful responses (including from me...).

In general, if you do your homework and strive to ask a reasonably
smart question, in my experience, you will get a reasonable response.

Kind regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                God, I loved that Pontiac.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                -- Tom Waits