Bill McGonigle writes:

> On 12/28/2009 04:22 PM, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> > In fact, my relative is interested in just
> > retrieving a few files from this machine.
>
> Assuming you haven't found the rare part yet ... if you're going
> inside anyway, just pull the drive and hook it up to a USB dongle,
> connected to a working Mac (or linux).

Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't follow up on this.  I think that my
relative is all set now.

Thanks very much to Charlie Farinella for his kind offer to lend my
relative a power supply!

Kind regards,

--kevin
--
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                God, I loved that Pontiac.
http://kdc-blog.blogspot.com/         -- Tom Waits

GnuPG: D87F DAD6 0291 289C EB1E 781C 9BF8 A7D8 B280 F24E