I finally got some time to sit down with Wireshark and compare the bootp packets between the D-Link and the Linux box... The first thing that jumped out as different was the source address on the DHCP Offer
packets.

D-Link:  192.168.1.1
Linux:     127.0.0.1

So, something wasn't right. I began mucking around with a bunch of different settings based on the
dhcpd.conf(5) pages.  None seemed to work...

After looking a little closer at the server-identifier tag, it was misconfigured... I was using the name instead of
IP address.  The man pages are a bit confusing though...  It states:

Theserver-identifier  statement

         *server-identifier*  hostname*;*

         The  server-identifier statement can be used to define the value that
         is sent in the DHCP Server Identifier option for a given scope.   The
         value  specified*must*  be an IP address for the DHCP server, and must
         be reachable by all clients served by a particular scope.

So, it needs to be set to the --hostname-- but they really mean --IP-- Why they didn't just specify it as:

Theserver-identifier  statement

         *server-identifier*  *address;*

I guess we will never know... Right below that is the server-name tag, which really is the name. So, if anyone else runs into this problem, the answer is RTFM --Carefully-- before adding things to the config.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

- Todd