Well, apparently, WP8 for Linux can still be obtained -- free, even:
http://ftp.dreamtime.org/pub/linux/wp8/ .  This link was obtained from the
Word Perfect on Linux FAQ: http://linuxmafia.com/wpfaq/ (which has other
links, mostly dead), which, in turn, was referenced in this article:
http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/linux/wordperfect-for-linux-lives-on-sort-of/
.  For the sheer Hell of it, I took a brief stab at installation, and it
went down in flames; don't have the time to try harder right now.

-Ken

On Mon, March 29, 2010 9:34 am, TARogue wrote:
> --- On Mon, 3/29/10, Tom Buskey <t...@buskey.name> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM, TARogue <taro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm stuck using Word Perfect on Windows XP until I figure this out.
>>> WP
>>> allows you to make booklets; subdividing the page into blocks you
>>> define without using tables. I can't find anything like that in OO.
>>> Tables aren't really an option because of the way tables and text
>>> interact.
>>>
>> WordPerfect is still used? :-)
>>

>> Once upon a time WordPerfect/Corel suite 3.5? was available for Linux.
>>

>> If you can post-process, there are postscript utilties to print
>> booklets. psutils, pdftk, others?
>>
>> Some print drivers can too.
>>

> WordPerfect is still, in my opinion, the very best word processor
> available. It does everything I need it to do with just a click and
> hot-keys are available for just about every command without any extra
> programming.
>
> I'm one of those 'End User' types who just want the computer and
> accompanying software to work with minimal configuring. For the most part
> Linux fits the bill for me, but not here.
>

> --
> -Tom
> http://www.tarogue.net/~tom/

> --
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.