Joshua Judson Rosen <roz...@geekspace.com> writes:
> Benjamin Scott <dragonh...@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen
> > <roz...@geekspace.com> wrote:
>
> The reason that I suggested the Touch Book, specifically for GPS use,
> is that I'd heard from other people that it seemed good for that;
> and there are quite a few GPS applications (of various types, suitable
> for various use-/user-cases) available on for use on GPS-enabled
> Linux systems like this. Quite few FOSS ones, even.

Eek--of course I meant to write "Quite a few FOSS ones"--*not* "quite few"!

There are quite *many* FOSS GPS apps, actually :)

> And, as I wrote before, the `FOSS' aspect of these `FOSS GPS' options
> is what really sells to me--since I've been able to implement features
> that are useful to me and that the proprietary GPS devices really
> *don't* have. I had expected that kind of perspective to be welcome
> here, of all places. ;)

On that note, in case anyone *is* interested in FOSS GPS solutions but
doesn't know where to the FOSS-GPS community, I should probably put
a plug in for the foss-gps e-mail list <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS-GPS>
and for the Open Source Geospatial Foundation <http://www.osgeo.org/>.