maddog, et. al.

Thanks much for that additional history.  I am filing it as notes for my
eventual 'autobiography' accordingly.

I also remember reading Terry Shannon's 'Charlie Matco' columns back then
and I believe I even corresponded with him once or twice.  May he indeed,
fellow 'Nam vet (we were there at the same time, albeit with different
tasks, one of which I shared with him during my later tour in TLC) , rest in
peace.  His web site exists here:

http://www.shannonknowshpc.com/

<http://www.shannonknowshpc.com/>I would cheerfully kill someone now for a
Charlie Matco coffee mug.