Joshua Judson Rosen writes:

> It's funny what non-hackers notice and appreciate :)

The feature that I *cannot* live without is virtual desktops.  I
prefer to have 16 or 25 of them, in a 4x4 or 5x5 format.  I logically
separate my work onto these desktops, and I navigate between these
with my keyboard.

After an hour of futzing with LXDE I couldn't get my 4x4 format, so I
checked out XFCE.

I'll say one really nice thing about LXDE:  if you want to change
the format of the displayed time in the date/time applet, the docs say
"use the format described in strftime()".  Wow, that's minimal, and
that's awesome too.

Regards,

--kevin
--
alumni.unh.edu!kdc / http://kdc-blog.blogspot.com/
GnuPG: D87F DAD6 0291 289C EB1E 781C 9BF8 A7D8 B280 F24E

And the Army Ants, they leave nothin' but the bones...
   -- Tom Waits