Hi Ken,

Sounds like you've already drafted the basis of a good constructive
message.  Paraphrasing:

I've got a real project at work to find a video conferencing solution.
 I'm motivated and technical.  I prefer open source.

I researched and tested several solutions, and was impressed that
Openmeetings appears to have a lot going for it:
* active community
* momentum, etc.

But, I was forced to move on to testing other solutions because the
ease of adoption was not there.

* documentation was scattered, incomplete, or missing
* existing documentation was difficult to use  (e.g., pasting from the
PDF, across page breaks, hopelessly broke script files to the point
where I gave up and made my own)
* I was unsure which web site even was the right one -- there's one in
Germany, and two in the USA.

I understand that high-level organization of a project requires
leadership and effort that is often not what developers want to do,
but I hope that you can use this  feedback in a constructive way to
ensure that the development effort does not go to waste.  Perhaps a
"recruiting" effort would discover that there are passionate users of
the system who given the opportunity to volunteer could and would
contribute to the marketing/documentation/organization aspects of the
project.  Some of the priorities that I see:
* A singular, or at least coherent web presence is critical.
* Up-to-date documentation in an easy-to-use format (HTML)
* Introductory content for new users, new contributors, curious onlookers
* Singular, clear source of source code and binaries

Respectfully,

Greg Rundlett