I have Fedora as a vm and yes, it runs Unity.  Takes some getting used to;
 I have had various Ubuntu versions from 5 through 12.10, and Fedora from 6
through 18 now;  also have tried OpenSuSe, briefly, Mint, WattOS,  CentOS,
Scientific Linux, and Red Hat from their desktop distro 6.2 through the
current RHEL 6.4.

I used to like Ubuntu but recently not so much, due to constant updates
that bork the hardware configs, and other business-related matters.  Plus
trying to look as much like W8 as possible and rushing into the cell phone
and tablet markets.

So I have Fedora 18 at home next to a RHEL 6.4 box and at work we run RHEL
5.3 through 6.1.

YMMV, of course.