Guys,

I'm currently looking for an intern to come play with my company's Linux-powered
autonomous robot fleet this summer: Harvest Automation
<http://www.harvestai.com>
is looking to give one bright individual some industrial experience that
includes:

        * Working with actual robots, simulations, testers, operations people,
          and developers to help solve issues in the application, network,
          and operating environments.

        * Creating test plans, test cases, and conditions for testing of
          the robot software (both on actual hardware, running around in
          the real world, and in simulation) from information in specifications,
          feature descriptions, or bug-reports.

        * Creation of test cases that address software scenarios, system
          testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or defect
          retest, performance monitoring and usability

        * Reproducing and resolving software issues with the database,
          UI, or communication protocol

        * Implementing a software solution from a requirement
          description within the code base using the database, UI, or
          communication protocol

        * Updating test results and requirement descriptions in
          our issue-tracker

        * Assisting in system set-up and software installation

        * Assisting in the installation/configuration of re-creations
          of the software production environments

We're in Billerica, MA (~14 miles south of Nashua).

We're really hoping to find someone who's already got a reasonably
good grasp on what software-development entails; my boss has been
recruit from the college CS programs around Boston, and is expecting
to find someone working on a Master's CS Degree; I suspect that
we'd do well to open up the search a bit--that there's probably
someone on the list either who knows someone in college or high school
(or *whatever*) who's already savvy enough to have read some of
the more interesting compsci literature on their own, spent some time
hacking on open-source projects, and even has some code/patchsets
associated with a github/launchpad/ohloh/openhub/sourceforge/whatever
account that they could show along with trails through mailing lists
and public bug-trackers..., or who _is_ such a person themselves.

I'd like to hear from those people.

Experience with C++ and Python are pluses (and if you're savvy enough
to grok things metaclasses, that's probably a big plus). If you know
C# or Java, that's OK too. You'll need to have some background
somewhere in there.

Knowing SQL is a plus.

If you've ever programmed with a video game engine, that's a plus.

Understanding of network architectures and how Wi-Fi actually works
is a plus.