Depening on your budget, I had amazing success with Centrify.  It's a
commercial app, but it worked out of the box and provides PAM modules for just
about any distro.  It also allows you to create zones that can have varying
UID/GID/usernames unique to each zone but still refers to the same SID.
-------- Original message --------From: Dan Coutu <co...@snowy-owl.com> Date:
8/23/17  11:51 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: Greater NH Linux User Group
<gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org> Subject: Seeking pointers to someone that can
help with Debian + Active   Directory LDAP integration
Due to business demands I’m in a situation where the primary LDAP server
currently used for all authentication is planned to be replaced with an (ugh)
Exchange server. At this point the attempts to talk the business team out of it
are complete and now we need to move forward. As expected the people at
Microsoft are lost, dazed, and confused when we mention that we are a Linux
shop and need to integrate their technology into ours.

So I’m seeking someone that has experience with doing this type of integration.
It needs to include things such as PAM integration and authentication via LDAP
for a variety of Linux tools such as gitlab, RT, and so forth.

This is not a request for volunteer help but rather a request for getting
connected with a pro that can tackle some of the work.

Yeah, I know there’s a GNHLUG job list but the last time I sent to it nothing
ever returned from the black hole. Besides, I’m just asking for pointers to
people.

Anyway, thanks to anyone that can help!

Dan