I forgot just how slow DVD burning can be.  No wonder, no one hardly uses them anymore.  USB3 is truly a great invention.

On 12/1/18 4:24 PM, Bruce Labitt wrote:
Totally unexpected fly in the ointment.  Option in BIOS to boot to USB has disappeared. Arggghhhhhh!!!!!

American Megatrends BIOS Version 2.15.1226 ca. 2012

There were 4 boot options - now there is only 3, and no (apparent) option to get a 4th option back.  I took a picture of the screen, but I won't clutter up the list.

I *will* have to fix the bios, or I won't be able to boot from USB.

Temp fix - just to get on with life, is to create a boot DVD.  Not even sure where I keep the DVDs anymore...  Fortunately, my laptop has a DVD writer.

I did visit the AMI website, but it wasn't obvious how or if I could upgrade the BIOS.  I sent them a tech support request, on upgrade, and in particular about the disappearing option, maybe I will get an answer next week.

At the moment, I'm not feeling very confident.  This all seemed easy a day ago, now its gotten complicated...

Bruce