Anyone familiar with this?

I've got at work VPS hosted with Amazon right now, and am trying to get
Amazon to drop their constrictions on outbound SMTP traffic so that I can get
logcheck
reports etc. out of the server. Ideally I'd also like to get them to fix the
PTR record in DNS so that it points back to the server's actual FQDN rather than
some goofy "ec2-xx-xx-xx-xx.compute-1.amazonaws.com" name.

Amazon considers both of those things to be the same issue for some reason,
and AFAICT has only a single form to fill out that combines them.
I had the administrator on the account fill out the form, and got back
this response 3 days later:

        We've received your request to add a RDNS entry.

        In order to make sure we process your request as quickly as possible,
        please use the form provided below to resubmit the request using
        the email address and information connected to the account in question:

        https://aws.amazon.com/forms/ec2-email-limit-rdns-request

Not even any mention of whether they have removed the throttling on traffic
outbound to SMTP ports
(through testing, I can verify that they haven't--I still can just barely
trickle mail out).

The URL that they're directing us to is the same URL as for the form that we
already filed,
and we've verified that the e-mail address that we gave when we originally
filed it
was the e-mail address listed as the admin contact.

AND we know we were logged in with the the relevant admin privileges when we
filed the form...,
because filing it from outside the admin login isn't even possible--attempting
to do so just
results in an error-message: "Root Account Required: We're sorry. This form
requires a root account".

What am I misunderstanding about this process?

Do they really just want the request *filed twice*? Or does this indicate that
there's
actually some mismatch somewhere that we're overlooking?

(and, yeah--I know, there are services that both cost less *and* are less of
 a hassle to deal with; for the time being I'd really like to figure out
 how to get Amazon to actually at on this...).

--
Connect with me on the GNU social network!
<https://status.hackerposse.com/rozzin>