Guys & Gals, sorry for the elementary question.

I have cloned a project that I am interested.  Along the way, I fiddled
with setting, mostly debug, but none of my changes are important.  I've
built the project and am using it.  I'd like to re download it from the
repo again, abandoning any changes that I have made.  A different person
has merged some changes and I want to try them.

What is the best way to accomplish this?  My head spins with all the
pushing and pulling.  For some reason I am loath to nuke everything and
start over again.  Is there a slightly more graceful way to do this in
git without nuking?

github's man area is not illuminating, instead they talk about all sorts
of corner case things rather than something this basic.

Thanks all.