FYI it looks like the NH legislative "remote sign-in" is open until late
tonight,
so there's still time to register your opinion; link from the twitter/nitter
thread:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/remotetestimony/default.aspx

        Update: while remote testimony might not be back this year, remote
sign-in *is* back this year!

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/remotetestimony/default.aspx
        Note that you have to choose the date for the hearing from the calendar
first
        before any of the other menu fields will become interactive.

There are some parts of the bill as-written that I think really need to be
supported;
there are also some "... AND PONIES!" items that I guess are there because,
well...,
that seems to be how this works.

On 1/9/22 5:22 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> Hopefully everyone here has seen this by now, but maybe not since I didn't
> see any messages here about it yet:
>

> https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/new-hampshire-residents-make-your-voice-heard-on-january-11th
>

> https://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/legacy/bs2016/billText.aspx?sy=2022&id=1363&txtFormat=html

>> HB 1273  - AS INTRODUCED
>>
>> 2022 SESSION
>>
>> 22-2270
>> 05/04
>>
>> HOUSE BILL 1273
>>
>> AN ACT relative to the use of free and open source software.
>>
>> SPONSORS: Rep. Gallager, Merr. 15; Rep. Marsh, Carr. 8
>>
>> COMMITTEE: Executive Departments and Administration

>> ANALYSIS
>>
>> This bill:
>>
>> I.  Prohibits certain non-compete clauses and non-disclosure agreements
>> regarding free software projects and the sharing of open source software.
>>
>> II.  Prohibits, with limited exception, state agencies from using
>> proprietary software in interactions with the public.
>>
>> III.  Recognizes the value of data portability and directs the department of
>> information technology to adopt a policy protecting data portability.
>>
>> IV.  Prohibits state and local law enforcement from participating in the
>> enforcement of copyright claims against free and open source software
>> projects.
>>
>> V.  Establishes a commission to study the use of free software by state
>> agencies.
>>
>> VI.  Establishes a software purchasing policy that permits the purchase of
>> proprietary software and hardware only when free software alternatives are
>> not available.
>>
>> VII.  Allows the defendant to examine the source code of proprietary
>> software used to generate evidence against the defendant in a criminal
>> proceeding.

Connect with me on the GNU social network:
<https://status.hackerposse.com/rozzin>
Not on the network? Ask me for an invitation to a social hub!