Hi,
I'm trying to install RH6.1 on a 486 laptop with 16-bit pcmcia slots via
http.
Although I've installed linux on pc's many times, this is my first laptop
install. So here's my problem:
I used pcmcia.img to boot. I get prompted for "driver disk" not sure what
disk that is.  I tried the pcmica disk itself as well as the other images
and even compiling the pcmcia modules on another linux box and putting
them on a floppy. I checked RH Install Guide (which to me has never been
useful) and couldn't find any help.  I bypassed the driver disk and
continued with install only to fail when choosing network devices (under
install special hardware: scsi/network).  We tried 3 different NICs all of
which were listed on the RH pcmcia compatability list. We first used the
3c754-tx (which the hcl said was buggy), another 3com (I forget which),
and a linksys.  I also wonder why it can initialize the NIC so I can
connect to the http server and start install but can't seem to "find" the
nic that's listed.  I thought "well - maybe it already found it so I don't
need to pick it off the list" but that didn't work either.
Sorry if this is confusing.
Thanks in advance

Paul Whelan