On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> All,
>       Does anyone know if "-p all" in an ipchains rule actually means
> ALL protocols, or does it only include tcp, udp, and icmp? I got the
> realAudio server for RedHat, and I am trying to set it up on my
> webserver, but the webserver is behind a firewall. I need to redirect
> the ports to the inside, but I also need to let the traffic back out.
> I tried wrapping the stream in http, but it doesn't seem to be working
> all that well. TIA, Kenny

Ken,

  For all practical purposes (or at least YOUR practical purposes), TCP,
UDP, and ICMP *ARE* all protocols. IPCHAINS only concerns itself with
transport layer protocols and lower, and realaudio is an application layer
protocol.  Realaudio uses either TCP or UDP (it prefers UDP) depending on
what the various firewalls in between will allow and what the client and
server are configured to use.

  That may not help much, but it's something... :)

| Derek Martin                          |
| Linux/Unix Geek                       |
| WORK: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| HOME: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |