On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Michael O'Donnell wrote:
> I'm in the market for new Linux box
> (I've pretty much decided it'll be based
> on an AsusA7V+850MhzTbird+256Mb - drool!)

  Drool is right... Mmmmm... Thunderbird.

> I'd really like a good enclosure ...

  I own an HX-08 full tower chasis from A/Open, which I've been very happy
with.  In general, their products are solid.

        http://english.aopen.com/products/library.htm#housing
        http://english.aopen.com/products/housing/hx08.htm

  Maximum PC gave this one very good marks, and I do like the look and specs,
but I haven't tried it myself, although I've strongly considered it:

  ASL Full Tower PC Case
  4 x 5.25-inch bays
  2 x 3.5-inch bays
  4 x 3.5-inch internal bays
  2 x 120mm fans, 1 x 90mm fan, plus PSU fan
  $205 with PSU, $154 without PSU

        http://www.aslab.com/contents/workstations/chassis.html
        http://www.aslab.com/contents/images/ft_inside.jpg

  PC Power & Cooling makes great stuff, but is a little expensive:

        http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/enclosures/index.htm

  Lastly, I've seen some really nice desktop cases from CasEdge.  The one I
like is the LX734A.  They also have a nice looking server case that I haven't
tried.

        http://www.casedge.com
        http://www4.xenus.com/casedge/html/mid-tower_lx734a.html

--