This is a bit late, so I apologize, but I wanted to check:

I am not familiar with GTK's inner workings, but it does mention having
trouble with threads in Windows and suggests keeping all Gui interactions
in a single thread.  Will that be an issue with the Gnoga in GTK
configuration since each event can be spawned in a different task/thread?
This might be a silly question, but was curious.