Dear gnoga folks,

I’m a new (and happy!) user of gonga. I was trying to complete a program
with a proper logging system trying to take advantage of the already
implemented gnoga.Log procedure and redirecting the default logging to a
file.

I had a surprise. I tried to use Log_To_File procedure in order to redirect
the program output to a file but this file insisted in being empty. I tried
to find an explanation and digging into Ada.Text_IO docs (I’m a complete
beginner ADA programmer) and I found the Ada.Text_IO.Flush. I called it
before the Ada.Text_IO and worked like a charm… I wasn’t aware about the
buffered nature of Ada.Text_IO… (Thanks, David)

So, I have some doubts:

* Is anyone using Log_To_File procedure? The log doesn’t grow automatically
and there is no access to the file in order to flush it. Maybe all users
redirect the stdout to a file…

* The output using Log_To_File is uglier without the preceding time/date.

I have made some gnoga modifications that seem convenient to me and I share
with you. The aim is to allow flushing the log file (by using a new
gnoga.Flush_Log procedure) and beautify the output using the same string
used in the stdout counterpart.

I feel that I need to use a proper logging and register the possible
internal gnoga messages.

What logging approach would you recommend to me? Should I flush every
gnoga.Log call? Any thoughs?

Best regards,

Miguel Ángel Oliván

Fundación Circe