On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 23:38 -0500, Jeremiah Breeden wrote:
> Wouldn't MyView.Width just return the width of that view?  On a phone
> it would be similar to the screen size, but on something like a
> laptop or desktop it might not be (depends on if the browser is
> maximized or not).  Something to consider at least.

Indeed, it is the browser window size upon opening, which is good
enough for current purposes.

However one part of the picture I don't get is how my View can get
notified when something changes : e.g. the width changes (I rotated the
phone) or the connection is lost (that background Ping fails to respond
for some reason).

For Destroy events, I can attach an On_Destroy_Handler
      View.On_Destroy_Handler (On_Destroy'Access);
and On_Destroy gets called as expected, but what can I do about other
types of change imposed on my View (size, dropped connection) by the
client (browser)?

Been through the tutorial and some of the demos but missed this.

Thanks for your help!

-- Brian

(ps : why is the phone of interest?

Some years ago John Marino got a bare Ada compiler going on Android -
http://www.dragonlace.net/
and I managed to reproduce that work but made no progress on
integrating the GUI via the NDK.

Seems to me that if that can be made to work, perhaps Gnoga on the
phone/tablet via its own browser, might be a practical way to develop
without having to deal with the Java level or NDK)