Hi,

Sanne is absolutely right that the other thread is for discussion about the
preconference, so I'm answering the questions related to our project in this
new thread.

Samuel Thibault:

> Yes, it's a separate tool but it depends on liblouis to do all the
> transcription.

|  How different is it from the "dots" application?

Dunno, because sincerely we didn't know of this application. I'll tell
Onirica to have a look on it, so that they can re-use as much code as
possible. This includes to take over the development of this application.

> easy addition of new tables

|  New liblouis tables?

Yes, for example for basque or galician, in case there are not any for them.

> and the ability to be called by OpenOffice.org to do on-the-fly
> transcriptions.

| That, however, is new, but it seems to me like something that would be
|  independant from the main tool.

We want it to be integrated.

|  I'm not saying your project is not good. I'm trying to make sure it
| integrates with existing solutions, and not re-do work that already
|  exists.

Of course your input is greatly appreciated and I hope Onirica will join
this conversation so that you can suggest them new ways to improve this
application, be it completely anew or further development of dots.

Matteo Vescosi:

Yes, WARP is planning to use pressage to do the text prediction.