Dear users of both large and small computing tools,
A new unstable release of Guikachu is available.
Guikachu is a GNOME application for graphical editing of resource
files for PalmOS-based pocket computers. The user interface is
modelled after Glade, the GNOME UI builder.
Catch it all from http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu/
* Uses GNOME-VFS, you can load files from anywhere, e.g. from the
Web, from an SMB share, from a tarball.
* Exporting to/importing from PilRC .rcp files
* Support for non-Palm PilRC targets (like the eBookMan)
* Support for the following PalmOS resource types:
- String and string list resources
- Dialog resources
- Menu resources
- Form resources
- Bitmap resources
- Per-application resources (e.g. version number)
* WYSIWYG Form Editor, with drag & drop capability and visual resizing
* Flexible, complete undo support
* Sample file with sample GNU PalmOS SDK-based application
* Documentation (a complete user's manual)
About this release
This release is part of the 1.5 development branch, so it's all about
crazy experimentations and not about providing a polished, well-tested
product. However, 1.5.6 now contains everything planned for our next
stable release, 2.0, so please help us by trying it and reporting
New in this release:
Completely reworked the menu editor, based on valuable input from the
GNOME Usability Workgroup.
Guikachu uses the GNOME 2 platform, particularly the GNOMEmm and GTKmm
C++ bindings. To actually create the PalmOS resource files, you will also
need PilRC (part of the GNU PalmOS SDK) to compile the .rpc files
produced by Guikachu.
Beware of bugémons!
.--= ULLA! =---------------------. `We are not here to give users what
\ http://cactus.rulez.org \ they want' -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001
`---= [EMAIL PROTECTED] =---'
A man's best friend is his dogma.
gnome-announce-list mailing list