gThumb 3.8.0 is now available for download at:
This is the first release of the new stable series, so everyone should
What is gThumb
gThumb is an image viewer and browser utility for the GNOME environment.
The README file distributed with the tar archive contains a complete
list of features and the instructions to compile the source. The
complete description, screenshots and other info are available at
Overview of changes from gThumb 3.7.2 to 3.8.0
New features and user visible changes:
* Delete dialog: make the delete button red
* build error when JPEG_LIB_VERSION < 80 (!44)
Overview of changes from gThumb 3.6.0 to 3.8.0
* Removed the application menu.
* Sidebar: show the property views in expandable sections.
* Thumbnail list: spread the thumbnails horizontally to fill the
* Video viewer: added option to use opengl instead of cairo.
* Added ability to drag an image from the viewer. (!24)
* Image viewer: use a checked pattern as background for transparent
* Thumbnails: do not use a white background for images with
* Photo importer: remember the last used filter.
* Show the rating as a sequence of stars.
* Color picker: use lowercase letters for the hexadecimal value.
* Contact sheet: set the current directory as destination if possible.
* Script dialog: wider list to make all columns visible.
* Use meson as build system.
This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GNU GPL) version 2 or greater. You can find a copy of the
license in the file COPYING.
gnome-announce-list mailing list