Op 04-12-17 om 13:44 schreef Andre Klapper:
On Mon, 2017-12-04 at 11:56 +0100, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
I would like to know how I can see the result of the changes I make to a
.page file
You open the .page file in Yelp (GNOME's help browser).

Cheers,
andre

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the answer. I tried this in the Terminal: ~/gnome/gnome-getting-started$ yelp gs-use-system-search
The result is: Document not found. The URI does not refer to a valid page.

When I add .page to the command
~/gnome/gnome-getting-started$ yelp gs-use-system-search.page
I get: unknown error.

I do not know where the help files which I get when I press F1 reside, and I do not want to mess them up. That is why I stored a copy of gs-use-system-search.page in a separate directory. I can experiment with it, without messing up the branch I downloaded.

Sorry, I am a newbe, so I need more hints :)

Hannie