This question has is being discused here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/pyg3t/+bug/1052399

The main question we have is if all the tags are mandatory or not. If it's
mandatory to have the same tags in the msgstr and the msgid, we should do a
strict check to avoid missing tags in translations; if they aren't
mandatory, there is no need to do this kind of check, but then there are
other problems: unreviewd tags may become deprecated, so documentaion might
not been shown properly, these tags might neve be included in translated
strings, just bothering translators...

Both Ask and me have no much idea about Mallard, so any comment or
explanation about how it works will be welcome.

Thanks in advance!