6.03.2018 14:09 Arnaud Bonatti <arnaud.bona...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Never touch po files, really never. […]
> I don’t find a way to express how sad I am to see that it looks
> impossible for devs to help translators in other way than adding
> things to translate; and for maintainers to have a global control of
> the product they maintain. [...]

I'm not sure how Damned Lies works but don't the project developers
or maintainers have the power to contribute to any translation (in
any language) for their projects?

Back about your idea: I'm afraid it does not make much sense because
your removed strings would be restored in the next translation update.
Same about your updates which would be overwritten by the content
of Damned Lies, no matter if the content is newer or older. And, finally,
if the string is no longer used then it would be removed anyway so
your patch does not do anything that Damned Lies would do, if used

In the extreme cases, if the translation is too incomplete and
unmaintained for too long one may consider removing the language
from the project.

gnome-i18n mailing list