El mié., 24 abr. 2019 a las 10:33, Andre Klapper (<ak...@gmx.net>) escribió:

> On Wed, 2019-04-24 at 08:43 +0200, Daniel Mustieles García wrote:
> > I don't know where is the advantage of this renaming
>
> That is already clearly explained in
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/geary/issues/324

Just because "master" implies an "slave" branch? Note that I'm not the only
who disagrees with the change, so maybe the reason is not really clear

> >  (we don't belong to Linux kernel develpment
>
> And nobody ever said so, so I don't know why it's brought up.

Yes, it's mentioned in the issue: "...several projects like Rust, Django
and the Linux kernel..."

> > , as exposed in #324), but coherence across modules should be kept.
>
> I agree that it would be good to consider renaming all master branches.

Great, but having modules with no standard name for master/trunk/whatever
branch might break applications like Damned Lies, so this rename should be
reconsidered, at least until we decide to rename the whole modulesed's
master branch to another one.

What would happen if every module maintainer decides to rename it's master
branch? It will be a mess... I just think we should keep names homogeously,
don't mind if it's called master, trunk... ;-)