pt., 9 paź 2020 o 16:07 Thibault Martin <m...@thibaultmart.in> napisał(a):

> Hello translators,
>
> We do translate applications interfaces and documentation, but we do
> not translate their appdata.
> Given there are longer-term plans to build-up a flatpak-based kind of
> app store, should we not translate appdata as well (as in: application
> description, screenshot captions, maybe even screenshots themselves)?
>
> Do we have everything we need infrastructure-wise to do it? Is this
> something we intend to do at some point? And if yes, what do we need to
> move ahead?

Hi,

We do translate AppData. If a GNOME app doesn’t have AppData
translated, it’s a bug.

The only part of the Metainfo file we don’t expose to translation is
the change log. The consensus is that it would cost us too much
(time/resources etc.) compared to any potential gains.

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg
https://piotrdrag.fedorapeople.org