On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Olav Vitters <o...@bkor.dhs.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 07:30:36PM -0300, Alexandro Silva wrote:
>> I don't understand what is happening, I'm trying to access mango
>> server and the following error occurs:
>
> Ehr.. you have really no idea how to debug this?
>
> Like e.g.
>
> $ getent passwd alexos
> alexos:*:7842:7842:Alexandro Silva:/:/sbin/nologin
>
> (better is to do an LDAP search)
>
> or maybe:
> $ groups alexos
> alexos admin accounts sysadmin

Alexandro, do you perhaps have several ssh-keys loaded into your
agent? This was my problem when first logging into the gnome servers.
Can you try this sequence of commands?
ssh-agent -k; eval `ssh-agent`; ssh-add -D
ssh-add ~/.ssh/gnome_mango_key

After that try again and see what happens.

For the non "sys-admin ninjas" here is the best way to debug ssh login problems:

>From the server:
# $(which sshd) -p 8000 -Dd

>From the client:
$ ssh -vvv -p 8000 $SERVER

Once the client connection dies, the foregrounded sshd will exit. This
is the quickest way to find those really bizarre key base auth errors
like when "/" is 0775. Between the two of those you'll see the problem
~85-90% of the time. If your ssh login problems continue we might have
to hope on IRC and try this out.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com