It's totally OK for me to have the service hosted on the GNOME
Infrastructure so I'd suggest you to go through [1].

cheers,

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Sysadmin/InfrastructureMigration

> Hi all,
>
> The ODRS is a web service designed as a replacement for the
> proprietary Ubuntu Reviews server. It's got nearly a thousand reviews
> submitted by end users and gets about 20,000 requests for review data
> every day. We use it in GNOME Software for both the review system and
> also the "star ratings" we give to apps. Any application /could/
> upload or consume reviews, but so far only GNOME Software does. We've
> got about two dozen different distributions using it too, although the
> majority of reviews come from Fedora users. The amount bandwidth it
> uses is tiny (actual numbers on request) as it is a simple flask
> python3 web application that just needs access to a database and
> serves up JSON blobs back to gnome-software to parse.
>
> Teams of moderators (typically also using gnome-software) moderate any
> submissions flagged for review, and end users decide the review
> popularity based on the usual "Was this review useful to you:  Yes :
> No" type buttons. This has been in operation for about 6 months. I've
> had reliability issues with OpenShift (and it costs quite a bit per
> month to host a HA site) and quite a few people have asked me to ask
> here if the site would be suitable to move to a GNOME VM.
>
> The code is https://github.com/hughsie/odrs-website and is all free
> software. I'd be happy to make changes (e.g. code, or adding something
> like a link to the GNOME privacy policy) if anything looks fishy. I'm
> also not a web programmer, so I'm sure someone will find something
> non-awesome.
>
> Thanks for consideration, and happy to answer questions,
>
> Richard.

Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av