On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Bastian Ilso <hougaard.jun...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>

> It would be really nice if we could start having *.flatpakref files[1]
> hosted at an official place at gnome.org. For example, it would be nice
> if we had the flatpakref file for gnome-builder 3.22 hosted at:
> https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-builder/3.22/
>

> I don't know the exact details in terms of what is required to do this and
> how this would work. I'm told there is a script located at
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/sysadmin-bin which is doing the groundwork
> for populating download.gnome.org. Perhaps this is something you can help
> with sorting out? :-)

The script I was pointing Bastien at is ftpadmin which we currently use on
master.gnome.org to put tarballs in place:

ftpadmin install gtk+-3.22.6.tar.xz

I think we could have a similar command for flatpakref files:

ftpadmin install gnome-recipes.flatpakref

Few things to notice: the basename of the flatpakref file would probably
have to be used to determine which module the file belongs to, but we don't
generally encode version information in there, so maybe that needs to be
passed separately:

ftpadmin install-ancillary-file --for-module gnome-recipes-0.8.0
gnome-recipes.flatpakref

?
And just to get that out of the way, flatpakref files are just links,
basically. They point to one or more flatpak repositories that are hosted
elsewhere, thats all.