Sweetness!!! Thanks Don, that was exactly the problem.. I redid libxml using /usr as the install dir and everything went perfect!!!

Thanks Again!
-Chris
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Scorgie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Chris Faust" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: Build problem with libxml



When you installed from source, did you use any prefix? (e.g.
./configure --prefix=/usr) as it looks like the .pc file is for version
2.5.4.  If you didn't include any prefix in the configure options, it
would have defaulted to installing in /usr/local and as /usr/lib has a
higher priority in your PKG_CONFIG_PATH, its picking up the old version.

Either rebuild it using --prefix=/usr or change the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

Hope this helps
Don

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 09:05 -0500, Chris Faust wrote:
Thanks for the reply John,

I know what its saying, that is my problem.. I've installed
libxml2-sources-2.6.18.tar.gz
I also tried
libxml2-devel-2.6.18-1.i386.rpm
libxml2-python-2.6.18-1.i386.rpm

But I still get the same message.

-Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Coppens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: Build problem with libxml



> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:11:25 -0500 > "Chris Faust" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > >> Folks, >> >> I'm having a dependency problem building gnome-vfs-2.10.0, I installed >> the lastest libxml and still have the problem. Below is the error that >> is given as well as the location of libxml and the value of >> PKG_CONFIG_PATH. >> >> Any ideas? >> >> Thanks in Advance >> -Chris >> >> >> >> >> checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.6.0 gmodule-2.0 >= 2.6.0 gthread-2.0 >= >> 2.6.0 libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0... Requested 'libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0' but >> version of libXML is 2.5.4 > > Says here, you have version 2.5.4 installed and 2.6.0 is needed. Please > install the 2.6.xx version first. > > http://xmlsoft.org/sources/ > > or, for rpms > > http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libxml > > John > >> >> configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.6.0 gmodule-2.0 >> >= 2.6.0 gthread-2.0 >= 2.6.0 libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.0) not met; consider >> >adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries >> >are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them. >> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] gnome-vfs-2.10.0]# find / -name libxml*.pc >> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxml.pc >> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxml-2.0.pcgnome-vfs-2.10.0 >> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libxml-2.0.pc >> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] gnome-vfs-2.10.0]# echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH >> /usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib > _______________________________________________ > gnome-list mailing list > [email protected] > http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-list >

_______________________________________________
gnome-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-list





_______________________________________________
gnome-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-list

Reply via email to