Hi Sergey,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Sergey Dubov <sergey.du...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> I can say for sure Qt::FrameLessWindowHint is not override redirect Qt
> flag on X11.
>
> Such windows are pretty much manageable by various WMs, accepts
> activation, keyboard and mouse input (and produces other issues because of
> that sometimes 😝).
>
> Qt has another flag for “override redirect” feature, it’s
> Qt::BypassWindowManagerHint (or similar X11 attribute
> Qt::X11BypassWindowManagerHint),
> we do not use them.

Fair enough :)

 We observe that issues with so far just one WM, so suspect this WM just
> handles frameless windows that funny way.

Yes, I am not saying this is not an issue in mutter, I am just trying to
determine if this is the same as bug 767212.

> That’s also curious that you found the workaround (avoid making window
> frameless) but we still would like to know whether it’s possible to have
> this resolved keeping window frameless exactly.

I think this is a different issue from bug 767212, so IMHO best would be to
file a new issue in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter and post the
existing reproducer you guys provided in bug 767212.

Cheers,
Olivier