Configuring a BT-100 hardware phone

It seems that it can be done very easily. I had a spare Grandstream
BT-100 that hadn't anything noteworthy to do until now. Under the
Advanced Settings tab goes the following.

SIP Server: ekiga.net
Outbound Proxy: empty (for me I used a LAN IP address that was
running the SIPatH on the DD-WRT, otherwise probably "ekiga.net" as
well)
SIP User ID: username
Authenticate ID: username
Authenticate Password: ********
Preferred Vocoder:
(in listed order)
   choice 1:   current setting is " PCMU"
   choice 2:   current setting is " PCMA"
   choice 3:   current setting is " iLBC"
   choice 4:   current setting is " G726-32"

local SIP port: 5088 (only if you have too many hardware phones up
and running just for fun)

And that was it. The firmware I use in here is:
Program-- 1.0.6.7    Bootloader-- 1.0.1.0    HTML-- 1.0.0.49    VOC--
1.0.1.0

Dialing the echo test at 500 was successful, and the latency was the
lowest ever experienced so far. At least that BT-100 will be on duty
for my ekiga sip account round the clock steadily now.

I don't know how important the (unofficial) hardware phone support
would be, but for me it's a neat feature not to keep the laptop
necessarily all the time powered on just for receiving incoming phone
calls. Maybe Ekiga application could even show somehow in the contact
list that the client is a hardware phone of some kind?

Jari Lammi