Jan Ruzicka escribió:
> Hi,
>  great that linux works which version do you used?
> I was not so succesfull  - i'm unable to compile it (both ekiga and
> voxgratia) mainly doe to some h.460 and call rtp_session errors.
> Thanks a lot.
> Jan
>

> Mario wrote:
>> Ok, I finally managed to enable h.263 for linux, and ekiga seems to
>> work ok with it. But now I'd like to compile for win32 with h.263
>> support too (I know, Windows messenger 5.1works, but I love open
>> source) I don't know if I can do it inside linux.
>>
>> The opal documentation says you need to use configure.exe, which will
>> search for libavcodec.dll; but with opal for linux, you enable it
>> with  -enable--h263avcodec=<dir> and uses the libavcodec.so. The
>> makefile Damien put in the snapshots page takes pwlib, opal and a few
>> other libs and includes them inside ekiga.exe? can I do the same with
>> libavcodec.dll? could it work if  I include libavcodec.dll in the
>> ekiga dir in the same way as sdl.dll has to be included, and telling
>> opal to look for it here?
>>
>>  I'm not a programmer, just an AV engineer, so maybe I'm asking for
>> impossible things. But I cannot wait for opal-pluginbranch to be
>> working with ekiga.
>>
>> Mario

compiled in ubuntu dapper, from cvs available in the ekiga webpage, and
after modifying some source files. Btw, please answer  to
gnomemeeting-list, not to me directly, so everyone can read it. The
modifications worked for me, but I can't guarantee you to be completely ok.

1st: compile opal (latest cvs) with -enable--h263avcodec=<dir>, where
<dir> is the location of libavcodec.so and some header files, you have
to dload it from voxgratia
http://www.voxgratia.org/bin/libavcodec-0.4.7-linux.bin.tar.gz
you may need to softlink it to somewhere else, i can't remember now.

2nd: modify ekiga/src/endpoints/manager.cpp
I did it with the latest cvs too. I added this (line 367, inside
GMManager::SetVideoMediaFormats ())

 [...]
 OpalMediaFormat rfcmediaFormat ("H.263");
  rfcmediaFormat.SetOptionInteger
(OpalVideoFormat::EncodingQualityOption, vq);
  rfcmediaFormat.SetOptionBoolean
(OpalVideoFormat::DynamicVideoQualityOption, TRUE);
  rfcmediaFormat.SetOptionBoolean
(OpalVideoFormat::AdaptivePacketDelayOption, TRUE);
  rfcmediaFormat.SetOptionInteger (OpalVideoFormat::TargetBitRateOption,
bitrate * 8 * 1024);

[...]
  OpalMediaFormat::SetRegisteredMediaFormat (rfcmediaFormat);

  if (size == 0) {

    order += "H.261(QCIF)";
    order += "H.261(CIF)";
    order += "H.263";
  }
  else {

    order += "H.263";
    order += "H.261(CIF)";
    order += "H.261(QCIF)";
  }
[...]

And compile ekiga. This way, I've been able to set up connections using
h.261 with [EMAIL PROTECTED] and ekiga 2.0.1 on windows, h.263 with windows
messenger 5.1,  but I'm not 100% sure because my router can't do cone
nat, so I have nat problems with sending and receiving audio/video. So
try it, and tell me how it goes for you.

Mario