Hello,

I write this email to get an answer for the question "Can the vendor charge
for the GPL source code, for his value addition to the source code?"

In one such case, there is a vendor, who has done value addition to the GPL
source code to make the GPL code work on his hardware platform. He claims to
have invested huge effort to make the GPL source code to work on his
platform. So he wants to charge for the source code separately.

According to the GPL policy, is any vendor allowed to charge for the source
code for his device specific value addition? Or is he required to keep his
value addition as open source?

I will be more delighted to answer any queries in this regard. I appreciate
earnest answers and thank in advance.

With Best Regards, Saliya

believed to be clean.