On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 4:02 PM Alfred M. Szmidt <a...@gnu.org> wrote:
> No, or minimal moderation -- as has always been the case for GNU
> lists.  It is better to let a off-topic message through, and
> communicate to the user of the case than to reject it.  It is better
> to ask the person to use a kinder tone than to reject a message.
>
> Moderation is hard, it is annoying, but the general rule is to always
> let messages through.  Spending the extra effort in creating a kind
> environment, a hard, and long process, is a worth while goal -- even
> if that means sometimes accepting messages that might "break the
> rules"...

Yup, that's what we agreed to with Mike Gerwtiz and Brandon Invergo's
advice. I think it's the right way forward.

Cheers,
Carlos.

        • ... DJ Delorie
        • ... Mark Wielaard
        • ... Jean Louis
        • ... Ruben Safir
        • ... Jean Louis
        • ... Samuel Thibault
        • ... Mark Wielaard
        • ... Jean Louis
        • ... Alexandre François Garreau
        • ... Alfred M. Szmidt
        • ... Carlos O'Donell
        • ... Jean Louis
        • ... Dmitry Alexandrov
        • ... Alexandre François Garreau
        • ... Alexandre François Garreau
        • ... Samuel Thibault
        • ... Alexandre François Garreau
        • ... Ruben Safir
      • ... Gabe Stanton via General GNU project and free software discussions
      • ... Alexandre François Garreau
  • Re: Wom... Alexandre François Garreau