Hi Phil,

On Sat, 2020-02-15 at 09:28 +0930, Phil Maker wrote:
> Re the Social Contract I'm sure greater minds than mine have looked at
> it but I feel obliged to make some sort of response of which the next
> paragraph is the only important one.
>
> Given the two options "I endorse" or "I do not adhere to" may I be bold as
> to choose the third option, i.e. no thanks, not interested, neither answer is
> acceptable to me.
> Please be so kind as to record that somewhere and if you make any public
> lists of responses it would be nice to put that in.

Totally understood. When the process is done I'll try to provide
numbers not just for endorsement of, or not wanting to adhere to the
GNU Social Contract, but also for those who couldn't be contacted at
all, those who said they are not interested in being part of the
process, those that said they are longer be GNU maintainers or their
package is no longer a GNU package, those who said they are
maintainers, but not recorded in the maintainers file or that their
package has their own definition of FSF Stewards/Steering
Committee/Package maintainer/etc.

It would be interesting to try to correlate some of that with the data
Andy collected for the State of the GNUnion 2020. Although I think that
will  not be that easy. But especially for those maintainers that
couldn't be contacted at all, it would be interesting to see if their
packages have had any recent releases.

Cheers,

Mark