Unfortunately the only real solution here is to block all of his emails and
domains. I tried unsubscribing too but it didn’t seem to do anything

Feb 23, 2020, 21:28 by j...@forestfield.org:

> Taylan Kammer wrote:
>
>> I've had the same problem.  No idea what he's trying to achieve...
>>

> What I see is indistinguishable from spam but with more annoying intention (I
> get into this in detail below) amounting to harassment. I'm surprised that
> this behavior is tolerated and not identified as a source of unkind
> communication.
>
>> Anyhow, you can make the ML mail you your password and then use it to
>> unsubscribe.
>> That will put an end to the annoying [Hangout - NYLXS] mails consisting of
>> broken
>> up threads and a good amount of spam.
>>
> In my case that did not work. At first I couldn't reach the Mailman server at
> all to get to the web front end. Now I can get to it but I'm told that I am
> not a subscriber because his Mailman instance doesn't see my email address on
> its subscriber list for that "Hangout" mailing list. Messages to
> vill...@mrbrklyn.com are going to me, and correspondingly I've been receiving
> messages with vill...@mrbrklyn.com's Mailman password.
>
> Therefore I believe that ru...@mrbrklyn.com has set up a forwarding address
> of "vill...@mrbrklyn.com" and made it so that email to that address is routed
> to me. I can only imagine that the benefit to him is that if anyone he does
> this to complains, he can falsely claim that they're not subscribed when
> clearly they are receiving the unsolicited messages. In other words, this is
> intentional.

> apparently he re-subscribed that account back to that mailing list. So this
> would seem to be an intentionally annoying. He knows what is doing, knows it
> is unwanted, and keeps doing it.

      • ... Alexandre François Garreau
      • ... Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss)
        • ... nipponmail
        • ... nipponmail
  • Re: ru...... Marcel
    • Re: ... Alexandre François Garreau
  • Re: ru...... Taylan Kammer
    • Re: ... Alexandre François Garreau
      • ... Taylan Kammer
        • ... Alexandre François Garreau
  • Re: ru...... orbulon--- via General GNU project and free software discussions